My Warring Legs

"Half a century of coalition comes to an end"
Threat was from my old tired legs.

But how can a relationship be snapped this way?
I adamantly demanded an answer-
"After all "I declared "you are just a part of me,
And have no right to threaten me like this".

Then began the lament of my legs-
"Don't you teach us what our rights are!
Have you ever treated us with love and affection?
We have always been taken for granted ,
Let us make it very clear to you thankless lady
We are not a set of Indian homemakers to be taken for granted infinitely!"

Diwali ,pongal, ganesh chaturthi or a birthday of your loved ones,
Long rows of mouthwatering dishes you made all for your darlings
Have you ever thought about us for a moment ?
Had we not supported you for hours and hours together
Little would have you made these delicacies.
A pat or a massage at the end of the day would have made our day!
But you never for a moment thought about us .

"Long walks around the temples praying incessantly for something,
Carrying home a big bag full of vegetables for an array of next day cooking,
Running after a loaded bus at the last minute -
All this was made possible because of us .
You never gave us our due and
We have supported you for half a century 
Now enough is enough we are breaking our ties with you!

With helplessness and disbelief  ,
 I kept looking at my warring legs!!!













Comments

Popular Posts