MATTERS OF LIFE

The buzz of a tired UPS
And the honking 
Of a speeding Alto-
Remains  the only 
Sounds to reach my ears
In this hour of government,s power cut.

Ruminating on the 
Many vistas of life-
I wonder what my life
Really keeps revolving around.

The great truth dawns
On my puny self!
Sans a peepal tree or a cave,
The great revelation sinks in,
My life of course 
Keeps revolving 
Round only two things
Solids and liquids!

These two states of matter
Keep me busy 
All through my precious little day.

Eyes opened
Ablutions  rushed through,
Walk straight to the stove,
Keeping in mind
The nuances of coffee making 
Transferred from generations 
Of coffee makers-
A cuppa  Kumbakonam degree coffee gets ready,
Here I begin my day with my share of   liquid

It is breakfast time
Keeping in mind my partner,s taste buds
As well as frightening calories
A mid way cuisine of sorts gets ready
And here I have my dosage of solid!

A mid morning  green tea or black tea 
Ensures your good health,
There I go again -
My rendezvous with liquid.

Eat your lunch like a prince or a king
But it must have some authentic 
Tamilian ,Keralite Or punjabi dishes
There goes my brush with solids again!

Another coffee and yet another elaborate dinner
There goes my roller coaster ride of-
Solid liquid,solid liquid,solid liquid.

Like Buddha  the revelation 
Has dawned on me
That just two states of matter
Can make your life revolve round it!!!


Comments

Popular Posts