Weaving dreams

 Blurred green fields
From a racing car-
Stick to my eyelids.
Ameen sayani's magnetic voice
Announces yet another
Mukesh melody.
Virginia Wolf scowls 
From the cover of a book.

Silver birches swing
Under the pressure of the wind,
Aroma of the hot brewing coffee
And amma's 'lakshmi rave ma intike'
Blend into a hot steaming creamy cup.
Banu racks her head and mine
Over the complicated tangle,
Of a circumlocutory kolam.

Tsunami waves
Seem to engulf 
The beaches of Kollam-
While the Eagles sing 
'Hotel California'in full throated ease
From the you tube.

Sree padmanabha reclines in 
Great splendour decked to the hilt
With sparkling gold and diamonds.
Indians scorn at Kalmadi
And every Malayali ,
Parul ben clarifies 
That she makes the 
The best methi roti in Ahmadabad.

Shrill ringing of the
Milkman's cycle bell
Jolts me out of my bed,
Rubbing my eyes 
I frantically try to 
Weave a single dream and fail!!

Comments

Popular Posts