Musical War

Squirrels and sparrows and koels
Trying to stage a Jugalbandhi,
Sun is just peeping out,
Playing hide and seek-
With the wet clothes on the line.
An hour after yet another shower
My mango tree is the center  stage 
Of the musical trio.

Can anything be sweeter
Than this music?
With closed eyes I drink 
The sound of the small sparrow,
Screeching squirrels and
The long intonation of the koel
I  settle down to the 
Stark fact that I am 
A blessed one to listen -
To the worlds best music,
When my mobile phone starts ringing-
That is my little fairy,
She tells me what she is drinking-
It is Lemon Juchee.
Now the trio stop singing
For they know that they have lost out to a little princess,
Their music no longer
Stands a chance of
Being the sweetest in my ears.
With the wind that
Hustles the mango leaves
Sighs of the koel sparrows and squirrels are mixed,
For they lost out to a 
Little princess
 A tough musical war!




Comments

Popular Posts